Safety is a fundamental value of ExxonMobil Pipeline Company. Our vision includes an injury-free work environment as a result of having zero accidents. To achieve our vision, ExxonMobil Pipeline Company has adopted the following safety policy:
- All employees/contractors are responsible for ensuring a safe workplace.
- Safety procedures are not to be compromised to achieve other goals.
- ExxonMobil Pipeline Company will adhere to accepted principles of safe facility design and construction.
- Operations and maintenance activities will be carried out in accordance with established safety practices, rules and regulations.
- Chemical substance abuse involving alcohol and/or drugs will not be tolerated.
- Off the job safety awareness for employees and their families will be encouraged.
The management and employees of ExxonMobil Pipeline Company believe that while risk exists:
- Accidents and injuries are preventable.
- Each of us has a personal responsibility for our safety and the safety of others, both on and off the job.
- No business objective is so important that it will be pursued at the sacrifice of safety.
- Safe conduct of operations is a condition of employment at ExxonMobil Pipeline Company.
- A job is well done only if it is done safely.
- ExxonMobil Pipeline Company should be an industry leader in safety performance.
ExxonMobil Pipeline Company has chosen to implement a Loss Prevention System. The Loss Prevention System is designed to prevent or reduce losses using behavior based tools and proven management techniques that include:
- Job Safety Analyses
- Safe Performance Self-Assessments
- Loss Prevention Observations
- Near-Loss Investigations
- Loss Investigations
- Root Cause Analyses
- Stewardship of Performance