ExxonMobil Pipeline Company is committed to conducting its business in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. We will comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations and apply responsible standards where laws or regulations do not exist. ExxonMobil Pipeline Company is committed to continuous efforts to improve environmental performance through its activities. We will encourage concern and respect for the environment, emphasize every employee's responsibility in environmental performance and ensure appropriate operating practices and training.
In furtherance of this commitment, ExxonMobil Pipeline Company will:
- Work with government and industry groups to foster timely development of environmental laws.
- Manage our business and design, operate and maintain facilities with the goal of preventing incidents.
- Respond quickly and effectively to an incident resulting from our operations, while cooperating with authorized government agencies and industry organizations.
- Conduct and support research to improve understanding of the impact of our business on the environment.
- Improve methods of environmental protection and enhance our capability to make operations and products compatible with the environment.
- Undertake appropriate reviews and evaluations of our operations to measure progress and ensure compliance with our commitment.
ExxonMobil Pipeline Company has developed and implemented a comprehensive and structured framework to help manage safety, health and environmental risks. We refer to this framework as the Operations Integrity Management System. The Operations Integrity Management System lists a set of elements that all must adhere to as part of everyday employee responsibilities. Over the years the Operations Integrity Management System has reached a high level of maturity with substantial results.